Francois Ouzoulias is a 5th generation organic wine-maker in Bordeaux. His family’s lead property is Ch. Franc Pourret in St. Emilion. He is a member of the BBVA (Bordeaux Bio Vignerons Aquitaine) – the assoication for the organic growers of Bordeaux.
Today we interviewed him about his thoughts on Bordeaux Wines. Note: this interview was translated from French.
1. Which is currently your favorite wine to drink wine?
My wine: Château Franc Pourret, and many others …
2. Can you provide the name(s) of a Château (or Châteaux) that are on the rise?
Château Tertre Mouleyre of Saint-Emilion – Eric Jeanneteau.
3. Can you recommend a Château from a lesser-known appellation that makes wines that consumers should pay attention to?
Ch. de Cots, Côtes de Bourg
4. What is your favorite food match for Bordeaux Red Wine?
Sirloin steak, grilled on vine shoots
5. What is your favorite food match for Bordeaux White Wine?
Foie gras mi-cuit with onion marmalade and roasted figs.
6. What kind of advise do you give to a Bordeaux wine lover?
Try to discover less known wines, do not only taste great names. Try to discover lesser-known wines: each name, there are hidden treasures.
Thanks to Mr. Ouzoulais for his time and generous answers. If there is a wine mentioned in this interview that you would liket o acquire please e-mail me at email@example.com and I will try to acquire it for you.