Francois Portail is a what is termed a “courtier” in Bordeaux. He works for the Bureau Laurent Quancard. He describes himself as a french broker in Bordeaux – specialized in Grands Crus Classés.
We interviewed him about his thoughts on Bordeaux Wines:
1. Which wine is currently your favorite wine to drink?
Depends on what I eat with it. Let’s say Chateau Simone, appellation Palette, or Saint Peray, cuvee “les Figuiers”
2. Can you provide the name(s) of a Château (or Châteaux) that are on the rise?
Chateau Lanessan !
3. Can you recommend a Château from a lesser-known appellation that makes wines that consumers should pay attention to?
Mont Perat Blanc, Cotes de Castillon.
4. What is your favorite food match for Bordeaux Red Wine?
Meat and game – such as dear or wild pork.
5. What is your favorite food match for Bordeaux White Wine?
We would like to thank Mr. Portail for his time and his generous answers. If there is a wine mentioned in this interview that you would like to acquire please e-mail me at email@example.com and I will try and find it for you.